August 2, 2010

Five Things

I wrote one of these posts a while back, and I thought that if I say organized enough, these lists can make a regular appearance here and maybe I can try to do one every week (though lets just start slowly, dear, and not bury ourselves in expectations, shall we?). I am all for adding more gratitude into my life. So, with that in mind, here are the five things that rocked my world this week:

1. My daily bike ride over the mountain. It takes me twice as long to get to work this way, but it doesn't matter. This is the part of my day I look forward to most. Lately I have been trying to use this as an awareness training, a way to stay in the present moment and ditch the over-analyzing for a while. Every day last week I was focused on sound...what do I hear when I am riding? My heartbeat. The birds. The cicadas. People talking. Dog tags tinkling. The crunch of tire on dirt. The wind across my ears and my breath filling the spaces. So noisy and beautiful...

2. Making pickles with Teri on a Saturday afternoon after munching on eggs and toast and salt potatoes. Gotta love friends who love food as much as I do.

3. Watching Repercussion Theater's rendition of Romeo and Juliet in Mount Royal Cemetery on a large blanket with a bunch of friends, a tourte provencale, baguette, great cheese, Cheskie's and some red wine. I didn't even mind the mosquito bites on my hands.

4. Seeing friends that I have not seen for ages and having that great feeling that we can just pick up right where we left off.

5. Inception. I really dug it.

How is life treating you lately?

1 comment:

Teri said...

Oh! those pickles are so good! I just downloaded a couple Smog albums too. :-)